Sunday, May 3, 2009

Quotable Sunday

Toni over at Daily Dose always does Quotable Sundays, where bloggers share their favorite quotes. Seeing as we have no church activities today due to the fear of swine flu, I thought I'd share some of my favorite scripture for this Sunday. This is one that I go to when my priorities are out of line and become centered on earthly things - it's a good reminder that I already have everything I need.

Matthew 6:19 "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where
moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But accumulate
for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and
thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your
heart will be also...
33 But above all pursue his kingdom and righteousness, and all these
things will be given to you as well. 34 So then, do not worry about tomorrow,
for tomorrow will worry about itself. Today has enough trouble of its own."


10 comments:

I am Harriet said...

Great way to start your Sunday!
Have a good one.

Stacy Uncorked said...

Those are great scripture choices! Enjoy your Sunday! :)

Unknown said...

I love it -- needed to hear that this morning. Thank you so much for sharing. Enjoy your Sunday.

Anonymous said...

Awesome!! Have a wonderful Sunday!

Jaime said...

nice. have a great sunday

Unknown said...

Very nice scripture choices thank you!

Leslie said...

Stopping by from Toni's Quotable Sunday to say hello. Love the scriptures that you chose this morning. Some of the churches around us have stopped services today too.

Enjoy your Sunday!

annies home said...

great verse to start week off

The Pink Geranium or Jan's Place said...

all I can say is...AMEN! (So be It!)

Jan :)

Unknown said...

What great verses. ONe of my faves