Sunday, January 17, 2010

Heartfelt...

I finally put away the Christmas decorations yesterday and began decorating for Valentine's Day. I just love filling my house with hearts and pink and red - *swoon*. I really wanted to make the Felt Heart Wreath from the previous post, but was out of luck in the heart-shaped form department. Soooo, I opted to make the topiary instead. An hour and lots of felt circles later... here it is!

I just love how this turned out. I used a prefab topiary form found at Hobby Lobby and attached some moss with spray adhesive (thanks for the idea, sis!). I then proceeded to add the gazillions of little pink circles with straight pins.A little ribbon border and tulle-wrapped dowel later... and it's pink valentine perfection!

1 comment:

tara d said...

Very cute...I just might have to "borrow" this design for our Daddy Daughter Dance. About how many cirles go into 1 of these?