Saturday, January 2, 2010

Greetings from Pettiskirt Hell

I spent my afternoon ripping out seams on what seem like miles of pink chiffon, destined one day to be a gorgeous pettiskirt. What began as this:


ended up as this, after I realized that I did a little too much gathering on the second tier of the pettiskirt. All 468 inches of it. Yeah. Just when I hit that point when I was screaming inside "WHYYY???!!! Why did I decide to make these?!"... I remembered. These two little chickies are worth all the effort, and the glee in their voices when they finally put the famous pettiskirts on will totally be worth it.
It's started out as a rather crafty little year thus far, pettiskirt disaster and all. I actually picked up my knitting needles and cast on for the first time in a very very long time. I'm using the Rowan Cashsoft that I scored on ebay to make the Kim Hargreaves sweater but after careful consideration of a pattern that uses size 1 needles, I changed my mind. I'm using a free lace pattern from Jimmy Bean's Wool. It's meant for larger needles, but I wanted to use my lovely Rosewood needles (thanks hubby) so I sacrificed size for the warmth of wood. It's knitting up nicely, and I must admit, it's rather comforting returning to my yarn and needles. It's been far too long. Looks like 2010 is off to a great handmade start...

On another note... I'm thinking of changing the blog background to something a little softer. I know I'd lose the fab MNATO look, but I'm itchin' for a change. Whaddya think??

No comments: