Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Butterflies.

It's 4:30 am... and I'm awake because I'm just a big ball of nerves.

Yesterday I accepted a new position.

Today I turn in my resignation.

This is so scary for me, because it is so uncertain as to what will happen once I resign. Will there be words? Will I be asked to leave immediately? I just don't know. I'm going in prepared to be dismissed though, so I'll be cleaning out my things as soon as I arrive, just in case.

This is sad for me, because I love the people I work with... I just can't work like this anymore and I don't believe the situation will change... and I've already sacrificed enough of my family life.

This is disheartening for me, because I have a great deal of integrity and obligation to my workplace. I feel like I'm abandoning everything.

But...

This is also exciting for me, as I have a new opportunity awaiting with (I hope) less stress, less responsibility, and the ability to have my life back.

It's exciting that I might be able to go back to school.

And it's a leap of faith. I'm trusting the Lord opened this door for me because He knows it's time for me to close the other one.

Now if only He could take away the butterflies in my stomach!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Rhonda! I pray everything will turn out for the best for you. You deserve it! Good luck with your new job!!
Amy Brandt

Aunt TT said...

I'm proud of you...love you!