Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Frock by Friday

Have you been following Kathleen's (of Grosgrain, hello!)  Frock by Friday series??  It's a fabulous concept - a completed dress in five days, which she generously walks you through as she sews along.  If you haven't already checked it out, click over.  You won't be disappointed.



Inspired by her idea, I'm going to attempt to finish my Simplicity frock by this Friday. (These types of sewing projects seem much more doable when approached a little at a time.)  I spent last night ironing my freshly washed linen and pinning pattern pieces.  Tonight I plan on cutting them out and beginning the sewing process.  Mind you, it's been a while since I've sewn a garment requiring any sort of construction, much less one from a pattern, so this is a lofty goal.  I'll post progress pics as I go, so stick around!

No comments: