Saturday, December 12, 2009

Sunrise, Sunset

Have you ever heard this song from Fiddler on the Roof? I know I've heard it sung at weddings, where the moms and dads are wiping their eyes as their babies fly the coop with their beloveds... and I felt my first sunrise, sunset moment yesterday, oddly enough, at Target. I was perusing the little girl Christmas skirts when I thought they seemed a little small for my almost-five year old, so I made my way to the big girl section. *sob*

It was such a surreal moment walking amongst the bigger sizes, the clothes that were no longer child-like, but rather more grown-up, realizing that my baby. is. growing. up.

"Wasn't it yesterday
When they were small?
Sunrise, sunset
Sunrise, sunset
Swiftly flow the days
Seedlings turn overnight to sunflowers
Blossoming even as we gaze
Sunrise, sunset
Sunrise, sunset
Swiftly fly the years
One season following another
Laden with happiness and tears"

No comments: