Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Inspired

I have been spending some time perusing blogs lately, and Man! I am so inspired by the creativity and resourcefulness of everyone! I am in awe of the way some of you gals are reusing what you have, transforming something old and forgotten into something redesigned and fabulous!

My new crush: Disney at Ruffles N Stuff. Wow. I can't wait to try some of her ideas!
My second new crush: Ashley at Lil Blue Boo. I have completely enjoyed browsing her great ideas, and I love her patterns for recycled knit dresses! There are so many adorable tees and dresses of my girls that I hate to pack away as well as tons of stuff in my closet that hasn't been off the hanger in quite a while, so maybe now I can figure out something cool to do with these clothes based on these girls' suggestions!

I did whip up a quick superhero cape for Big Sis on Sunday while Lil Sis napped... I still need to go back and add some type of embellishment to it for that extra special touch. Maybe this weekend while dh's home?! Anyhoo, I made it out of pink and green cotton twill that I scored on sale during Christmas, added a velcro closure and a little girly flower... and a superhero cape was born!

I've now got to make one for Lil Sis, so I'll add that on the to-do list for this weekend. I have to work tomorrow (BOO!) but hopefully only a partial day, so maybe I'll still have energy once the sun goes down to get some sewing projects completed.

Who knows? Maybe I'll add some superhero capes to the shop!

No comments: