Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sisters

It seems religion has been the hot topic as of late in the blogosphere, and I just wanted to put in my two little cents.
Lindsay wrote an incredibly honest post about her renewed relationship with Christ and was attacked for it by self-professed Christians who felt they had the power to judge her and her life choices. My interpretation was that her commenters believed she simply could not be a Christian because she used profanity in her posts and sometimes wrote controversial posts about her life.
My reply to this?
Go to the Word.
The bible tells many stories of people assumed non-Christian who made enormous leaps with their faith and were brought into the family of Christ-followers.

Rahab - a prostitute whose faith saved her family from ruin
Saul - a non-believer who went on to lead the Christian movement as Paul

Who are we to decide who is and who isn't a child of God? Who are we to say that God is not moving in someone's life?
We are all sinners... and the only reason any of us are even here is because God sent his Son - Jesus Christ - to die for our sins.
We are all sisters in Christ, and as such, I encourage Lindsay and all of you on your walk with God, no matter what part of that path you are currently taking. I take comfort in knowing that no matter where I have been or where I am going, God is with me every step of the way, using me how He sees fit. I also know that on my final judgment day, there is only one judge, and His opinion of me is the only one that matters.

And for those of you that don't believe God is moving in Lindsay's life....
tell that to the 262 people who commented on her post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree 100% with you, Rhonda. I'm off to read Linsday's post. I dare anyone to tell me that I'm not a Christian just because I'm not following him as fully as I should right now. Once saved, always saved and I KNOW I had a time and place in my life where I accepted him as my Saviour. No one can take that away. He died once for ALL sin.