Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Going Green for Spring

It seems the trend lately is to "go green", buy eco-friendly, and support organic. I've decided to go green in my own way this year - planting my own fruits and vegetables!

I've been wanting to garden since first catching glimpse of Peggy's last year, but wasn't able to plant in time. This year, however, my dh built me an awesome raised garden so I can make my first attempt at growing produce. If you know me, you'll know that I don't have a good history with plants. Somehow they always seem to end up... um. Dead. I'm hoping this year is different, cause just look at these beauties!


These are the first blooms on one of my blueberry plants.

Blooms from one of our apple trees (note: dh planted these bad boys)!


The first sign of life from one of the plum trees.


And the first, of what I hope will be many, strawberries!
I also planted some tomatoes, bell peppers, green beans, and peas. I'll take more pics of those once they're better established.
Oh, and if you have any gardening tips, send them my way... my brown thumb appreciates it!



No comments: