Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Jeremiah 17:8

"He will be like a tree planted by the water
that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
and never fails to bear fruit."

I always find it amazing when the Lord finds His way back into my heart after I've seemed to have lost my way to His.  For the past, oh I lose track of how many months, I've been so preoccupied with work, family, friends, self, life, that I've forgotten to focus on my faith.  It was always there though, beckoning me in the background, and it was what I clung to when I decided to make a career change that was not an easy choice.  Even though I found myself doubting this in the beginning, I am glad I trusted the Lord to guide me.

He had a hand in this all along, and for that I am grateful.

I love the Jeremiah passage because it symbolizes the power of faith, to know that even through the toughest of times, I am never alone and His will for me is to prosper.

Last fall marked the end of a long, severe drought for Texas.  After the blazing heat of last summer, I was certain we'd lose our fruit trees, but instead...







John 15:5 (NIV) – I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.


No comments: