Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Preparing for... 5.

As I've been busy with prep-work for Big Sis' birthday party this weekend, my mind has been reeling with thoughts about my first-born growing up.  Up until this point, it's been relatively carefree in the parenting department once potty training was a success.  Soon, I'll have homework to tend with and conduct issues to resolve... and hurt feelings and embarassment and kiddos that are just plain mean to my baby girl. 

It scares me.

As quickly as time flies, it's no surprise that we're already at this milestone age of 5, but man it happened so suddenly it seems!  My baby girl, my pre-schooler, will soon be a school-age child.

*gulp*

If you have any tips on how to get ready for this, I'd love to hear them (especially if it involves how to get your zombie-child to get up and moving in the morning). 

Until then, I better study up on my reading, writing, and 'rithmetic.  It's been a while.

No comments: