Monday, February 22, 2010

Battle Wounds

Do you ever have one of those days when you just feel like life is really taking a toll on you, and it shows?
I've had several of those lately.
I find myself looking in the mirror, and quickly looking away from the reflection before me.  Otherwise, I'd have to face the reality of my battle wounds...
the wrinkles beginning to take a permanent place on my face,
the stretch marks on my hips,
the bags under my eyes,
the varicose veins,
the freckles,
the "mommy tummy".
Age, pregnancy, motherhood, lack of sleep, lack of exercise,
LIFE.
It's all there, staring back at me.
Do I wear it as a badge of honor, like a scar?  Embrace these things as reminders of years past?
Or do I do what I can to erase it, cover it, camouflage it?
Some days I just don't know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was watching you last night as we sat on the couch snuggling with our little chick-a-dees, and I was thinking how beautiful you are and how lucky I am to be your husband. I love you.