Wednesday, November 25, 2009

No, Thanks

Today, the day before Thanksgiving, I'm typing this at 5:30 in the morning... knowing I should be in the shower since I am one of the lucky people who are working today... knowing I'll have to make a trip to the grocery store later cause I waited until the last minute... knowing I won't have time to make the apple pie that I wanted to bring to the in-laws tonight... and thankful for one little word: no.

This holiday season, I'm not committing myself to bring delicious homemade goodies to all the family events and I'm not racing to find the perfect gift. I am embracing the power of saying no, graciously, so I don't feel overextended and exhausted. I am embracing the fact that a store-bought pie looks homemade when put in a pretty dish.

So, thanks no, for making my life a little easier...