Monday, November 2, 2009

I've got my groove back

I've been having a rough time lately, feeling very disconnected from myself as my job slowly took over my life. Tonight I sat at my kitchen table, my hands becoming reacquainted with some old friends...

It was so calming and empowering making those tiny little felt cookies that all of a sudden, I felt it. I had my groove back. For the first night in many, I wasn't ready to fall asleep at 8:30 pm. I was excited with every blanket stitch...
Who knew this was what I needed all along?
And I didn't stop there - I started working on a cute little project that I spotted in the Moda Bake Shop some time ago - the grocery bag dispenser. How cute is that thing?! It's way better than the overflowing pile of plastic bags at the bottom of my pantry. One charm pack later, I had this:

I still have to sew the lining and batting and *gasp* do my first quilting ever. (Can I even stipple with a normal old Singer? Ack!) I think it'll turn out pretty cute... we'll see!
Oh - and if you're in the mood for some felt play cookies, check out my Etsy shop! I'll be cranking out the sweets for the holidays...

No comments: