Thursday, November 19, 2009

It Happens

Do you ever wonder how your life became so chaotic?


Oh yeah...


Some days I feel like I'm always twenty minutes late, ten dollars short, and five seconds away from having a meltdown. Who is this frazzled woman I have become? Trust me, it's not intentional. I don't like feeling like I don't have it together and I hate always showing up to family events late. I wish I could better manage working 40-plus hours a week, taking care of two rambunctious girls, being a good wife, taking care of my home, and being active in my church and community so that I was always on time, gifts wrapped, not a hair out of place, with a freshly-baked pie in my hands.

But life happens.

Shit happens. (usually right when it's time to walk out the door)

And I happen to think that not being perfect is perfectly okay.

3 comments:

Aunt TT said...

Amen to that sista'!

Kim said...

I give you SO much credit. I honestly don't know how you do it, but you must be doing a great job because your gorgeous girls look so incredibly happy and healthy and that's what makes it all worth it. My daughter is 17, a high school senior, and drives herself to school now. I got laid off in June so I'm taking a "break" and I can't seem to manage to do everything that needs to be done and I have all the time in the world. I've really gotten lazy because I don't have a schedule. Pressure has always been my greatest motivator, unfortunately. You really inspire me to try my best to do better. Thanks!!

Whiney Momma said...

Your girls are beautiful.

And as for your words...so true, so true. I like that last line, I have to remember it more often for myself too.