Saturday, August 15, 2009

Breast Milk. Every Ounce Counts!


This past week was World Breastfeeding Week, and from my own experiences breastfeeding I can attest that it is not something that comes naturally nor is it easy. I know I wore out my copy of La Leche Leagues's The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding and spent lots of time in forums, asking questions of other women experiencing my same struggles.


A great new resource for Texas moms and moms of all states is the website Breast Milk Counts, from the Texas Department of State Health Services. It has great tips for new moms and those experienced with breastfeeding, as well as tips to help working moms continue to nurse after returning to their 9-to-5 schedules. I only wish this had been around when I was nursing my little ones.
Check it out - every ounce counts!


No comments: