Saturday, June 20, 2009

Quotable Sunday - 6.21.09

Once again, I'm joining Toni over at A Daily Dose for Quotable Sunday. It is, of course, Father's Day, so accordingly, my quotes pertain to dads.



"From the first breath she breathed
When she first smiled at me
I knew the love of a father runs deep
Someday you might know what I'm going through
When a miracle smiles up at you
I loved her first" - I Loved Her First by Heartland



"There's two things I know for sure
She was sent here from heaven
And she's daddy's little girl
As I drop to my knees by her bed at night
She talks to Jesus and I close my eyes
And I thank God for all of the joy in my life
Oh but most of all
For butterfly kisses after bedtime prayer
Stickin' little white flowers all up in her hair
Walk beside the pony daddy it's my first ride
I know the cake looks funny daddy but I sure tried
Oh with all that I've done wrong
I must have done something right
To deserve a hug every mornin'
And butterfly kisses at night" - Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle

"Daddy's hands weren't always gentle
but I've come to understand.
There was always love in Daddy's hands." - Daddy's Hands by Holly Dunn

"There goes my life
There goes my future, my everything,
I love you Daddy, goodnight
There goes my life." - There Goes my Life by Kenny Chesney


Happy Father's Day!

No comments: