Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Does This Happen to You?

I love traveling.  It is so exhilarating to see new places and visit different communities - to get a taste of where another person lives and to gain a better appreciation for home.

Then why does it make me so nervous?  Ack!

Ever since having kids, whenever I've planned a trip that involves leaving them for a longer period of time than a couple of days or one that involves a great deal of distance, I get very anxious.  Of what, I'm not sure. 

Is it the flight?

Is it that I'm leaving them?

Whatever it is, it's so uncomfortable. 

I leave on Sunday for training for work in Indianapolis (the week AFTER the Final Four, of course) and just thinking about it today made me feel like I couldn't catch my breath.  It doesn't help that I really don't like flying.

Like, really don't like flying.

Really.

I know it will be great once I get there and get into the nitty-gritty of the training.  And I must say I'm looking forward to three evenings with nothing on my agenda but lounging, sleeping, and reading. 

I'm not looking forward to missing my babies.

Or the flight.  Ugh.

Did I mention I don't like flying?

Guess I better start packing.  Watch out Indy - here I come.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

It will be fine. I promise.

Mrs. P said...

Ever since I had kids... I hate flying! I'm a nervous wreck.