Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sheesh

It has been a crazy couple of weeks.

My job is going through some serious transition right now and it is so crazy, worrisome, scary, exciting, and frustrating that I find my mind in a crumbled mess at the end of the workday. To say it's stressful is definitely the understatement of the year.

Big Sis is a four year old roller-coaster. When she is up, she is very up and out of control, and when she is down, she is very down and out of control. The tantrums and the drama are sometimes enough to outweigh the sweetness and the all-encompassing way she experiences her everyday surroundings. Sleeping is an issue, as is her sassy little mouth, which is coming very close to experiencing its first taste of a bar of soap, if you know what I mean. *sigh*

It's all taking its toll on me, as well, making me crave the comforts and security of home and baked goods...


Mmmmm... banana blueberry bread. I feel better already.

I've also found comfort in an old flame...

Hello, friend. I've missed you.



Now, don't be impressed yet. This is one of my unfinished objects from, oh, four years ago that I picked up and started working on again. Amazingly, my fingers remembered how to work the knit stitches, the yarn overs, and the purls. They were not so fond of the crappy aluminum needles they were holding, so I expect there will be a trip to the yarn store this weekend for some wooden needles to make this a more enjoyable experience

Rekindling this flame has had me searching for knitting patterns and yarns in the little spare time I have. I'm really wanting to make this:

Aestlight Shawl by The Shetland Trader

I love the one that the Lady Knits made in orange and blue.

And lookie what I found on etsy from fuzzybunnyfibers...


This could be the start of something very good.

No comments: