Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Gentlemen, start your sewing machines!

I've been on a craft kick since eyeing those adorable card table playhouses this weekend... I turned to my old friend, Google, and found this tutorial from Sew Much Ado. So, yeah, I'm now in the process of attempting to make my own playhouse, rather than spending a Ben Franklin for one.
Rather than buy fabric, I decided to use curtains so I wouldn't have to sew a hem - I found a great green chino set on sale *holla!* at WalMart. I've cut the side pieces already and plan on using some leftover stash pink chenille for the "roof". I'm in need of a craft shopping trip to get some fusible web, clear vinyl, and binding tape so I can complete each panel before sewing them together. (Plan that for tomorrow...)
I also made a Circle Skirt this weekend for *gasp!* myself from some gorgeous Amy Butler fabric - all it needs is a little elastic and I'll be ready for my close-up! I hope to also do this tomorrow and post pics for you guys. I'm thinking I might try my hand at this great little coat for the winter - sassy! (And seeing as this summer has no end in sight, I'll have plenty of time to make it.)
Things are looking up around here!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I can't wait to see the finished product. I'm glad you find the directions. Now I may try to do this myself.