Saturday, July 31, 2010

For Baby Nicole

Our neighbors just had their second child this week, so I whipped up a little something to take to the new mom once she arrives home:  a diaper clutch via diaryofaquilter's tutorial and coordinating burp and washcloth. 


The tutorial for the diaper clutch is very easy to follow and it's a quick sew, which you know I love.


I used some Urban Flannels Pink Friends fabric from my stash along with some light green cotton twill and it turned out great!  I just love the whimsical animal print and all of the colors.

                          

I love making gifts for people.  I think it adds a special touch, something that's more personal than buying off a registry.  It's useful and it's beautiful... it's handmade but not necessarily homemade-looking, you know what I mean?

Speaking of making things... I've got a new tutorial in the works as well as a possible address change.  I'll keep you posted.


1 comment:

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

That is seriously so sweet and just too cute. I love that fabric.