Saturday, June 5, 2010

Progress of the Dress

So, progress has been slow, but some progress is better than none, right?!  This is what I accomplished last week - I've been a little delayed in posting as I've been spending the early summer evenings outside, the girls splashing around in their little pool.   And I just got back yesterday from a weekend girl getaway with some of my best girlfriends. 
Good times.
But anywho, here you go!
From this:
To this:

To this:


The beginnings of what I hope turns out to be a great dress.  This is where I left off before I headed out of town for the weekend.  I had to pack away the sewing tornado that is my dining room since we had some scheduled house showings this weekend, so there was a little interruption there.
I've sewn the shoulder seams and sewn the front and back pocket layers.  The next step is sewing the side seams and pocket pieces as one continuous side seam.  Stay tuned!  Little by little, it's looking like a dress!

No comments: